Earn CME Hours Online
Baylor Scott & White Health North Texas has access to BoardVitals from STAT!Ref. BoardVitals offers an easy way to complete all of your Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements quickly, easily and on schedule.
BoardVitals has AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ (state and national requirements), Category 2 (MOC points and hours/SAM credits), and is intended for preparation for Category 3 (maintenance of certificate exam).
Prepare for your recertification exams while earning the mandatory CME hours by the following simple steps in this video and as seen below:
2) Once you have logged in, select a test bank under the start tab. To begin earning CME credits, start answering questions by clicking the Go button.
3) Choose which questions you’d like to cover by selecting the checkbox next to each specialty category. Then, choose the number of questions you’d like to take and click the create exam button. You’re now ready to begin answering questions and earning your CME credits.
4) When you are ready to redeem hours, click on the CME tab on the left hand panel. You will see a button that says X hours redeemable. This is the number of credit hours that you can redeem based on the number of questions that you have answered.
5) Click Redeem to fill in your information so that your certificate can be generated and your verified hours will be sent to the ACCME accrediting body.
6) Once you submit the completed the form, you will receive a printable PDF certificate stating the number of hours that you have earned. This PDF will also be sent to your email. Please note that you can also redeem hours in segments.
CME Features & Benefits
– Content is compiled by over 200 medical specialists who have prepared for and taken the recertification exams and content is certified by IPMA
– Many topics included: Over 1,200 total CME/CE hours provided, covering a wide range of topics and interests
– Broad coverage: There are over 30 specialties and subspecialties covered
– Easy to use: BoardVitals CME certifications are all digital and trackable, making them extremely easy to use
– Progress clearly noted: Users can receive a certificate via email and BoardVitals stores the certificate digitally
– Users benefit from the duplicate entry system: The user receives a copy of their certificate and BoardVitals submits a copy electronically to everyone who needs to know, including to the relevant Specialty boards
For more information, see this CME handout and with FAQs.
If you need any help accessing BoardVitals or would like a tutorial, please feel free to contact STAT!Ref here.
If you have any questions or would like additional information about BoardVitals, please contact the Library at 214-828-8151 or email us at email@example.com.