The new DynaMed Plus combines the evidence-based, point-of-care content of DynaMed with a new simplified layout. This initial release of DynaMed Plus features an easy to use search page with well-organized topic pages and more precise and condensed results lists. DynaMed Plus includes newly integrated drug information and lab recommendations provided by Micromedex. DynaMed Plus maintains the same trusted and up-to-date information as the original DynaMed database and the familiar, easy to use medical calculators and decision support information of classic DynaMed. Exciting new materials and features are planned for release in the coming months with a full release planned for June.
Note: To find patient information handouts from the database, first search or browse for your appropriate subject term and select it; then choose the Patient Information tab from the list of sub-categories that appears under the selected search term.
DynaMed Plus also provides an all new mobile app for Apple and Android devices.
1. Access DynaMed Plus while on a TAMU-BCD or BSWH-NTX networked computer and click on ‘Mobile use – Get the DynaMed Mobile App’ at the bottom of the spotlight section of the DynaMed Plus page.
2. Enter your email address (this does not have to be your institutional email) in the popup box and click Send.
– an email will be sent to your email address.
3. Open the email on your mobile device and follow the instructions.
For information on the mobile app, please see http://support.ebsco.com/knowledge_base/detail.php?id=7559.
CE/CME credits are available through this provider.
To complete a CME/CE activity:
1. Create a DynaMed Plus account or sign in to your previously created account.
2. Search for a topic, then click on Earn CME at the top of the topic page
3. The first time you access the CME/CE credits page, you will be prompted to enter your email and choose the type of credit you would like to receive.
4. Then you will click on the Prepare Submission button and answer a short list of questions in order to receive the CME/CE credit.
5. You will then receive a credit certificate, which can be accessed anytime by click on the claimed credits tab on the CME credits page.
For more information on types of credit available and how to claim credits click here: How to Earn CME/CE Credits on DynaMed Plus and Types of CME/CE Credits Available through DynaMed Plus.
If you have any questions or would like additional information about DynaMed Plus, please contact the Library at 214-828-8151 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.