The Baylor Health Sciences Library is very pleased to announce that the clinical support tool UpToDate is now available to all of its patrons both on and off campus.
UpToDate Anywhere is a clinical information database that delivers quick answers to critical point-of-care questions. Recognized authorities drive the selection, analysis, and synthesis of evidence into fully-referenced, evidence-graded topic reviews. The summaries detail specific guidelines and recommendations for patient care, diagnosis, and management.
The database is a resource for background medical information, expert opinions, and peer-reviewed literature reviews. UpToDate also provides CME opportunities and patient health information handouts.
For more information about the features of UpToDate Anywhere, and to find help, tutorials, and support on any of these, please start at https://www.uptodate.com/home/features.
Before accessing UTD Anywhere from off-campus, users must have an existing UTD user account. The Login/Register link is at the top-right of the UTD Anywhere page.
- If you already have an existing UTD account from a previous personal subscription, you may login from a computer on-campus with those credentials. You will retain access to your previous CE/CME/CPD records, but your account will now be tied to the BHSL subscription. (Be sure to turn off any auto-renewals set for your personal subscription.)
- If your personal account has an expiration date, be sure to login to UTD from on campus on the day after the expiration.
- If you do not have an existing UTD account, then you must first complete a one-time registration process from a computer on-campus.
- Be sure to register with your work email address, and use your network login id as your username. That’s the ID you use to login to work computers, email, wifi, etc.
- If you have more than one UTD account you can merge accounts following these steps.
With an active UTD user account, BHSL patrons can access UpToDate from anywhere by going to the UTD website (http://www.uptodate.com/online) and logging in with their registered credentials.
(Be aware that BSWHGuest, BSWHBYOD, and TAMHSC WiFi networks cannot be used to register. Please use BSWCorporate WiFi or a computer connected to Ethernet for registration. The other WiFI networks CAN be used to access UpToDate after an account is created.)
NOTE: To maintain your registered account, you must login to UTD Anywhere from an on-campus computer at least once every 90 days.
UpToDate Mobile App
BHSL patrons who have registered with UTD Anywhere can utilize the UpToDate mobile app on any mobile device. Simply install the app and login using your registered credentials.
The UpToDate website is also optimized for use on mobile browsers.
For more information please see the registration tip sheet.